FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
268 views 0 comments
by
Hello,

I have following application: Two GPS-System need to have a data connection. One is a Rover an one is the Base station. The Base station and the Rover shut be moveable.

For this I want to connect two TRB 140 via a VPN. The device can be used as an VPN server and client. Multiple connections are also possible. This should create the possibility of opening a second tunnel to one of the two endpoints for maintenance purposes.

Now I would like to use a SIM card from a provider without a static IP. The provider now assigns an IP to the gateway (TRB140) (WAN provider). If I now use a DDNS, the IP of the provider is transmitted. A client from the same WAN can theoretically connect without any problems.

How is it possible to establish a connection from an external IP4 (Landline) address to an TRB140 working as a server? What is the easiest way? Is this the right device for me?

Thank you in advents.

Greetings

Stephan

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} <![endif]-->

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

TRB140 is supporting following VPN :

For you scenario  open VPN would be good. 

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB140_VPN

Also you would find a complete detail of configuration examples and requirements here. 

How is it possible to establish a connection from an external IP4 (Landline) address to an TRB140 working as a server? What is the easiest way?

What do mean by the above statement ?

You are trying to make a tunnel between an external IP4 Landline and TRB140 (Server) .

Does your IPv4 supports VPN ? If yes you can configure it as client . 

Thank you.