FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,080 views 1 comments
by

Hi,

after five hours of trying and delving into examples and this forum .... I need your help.

We have several RUTxxx router and want to use SIMs from another provider with a openvpn-Service. The direkt import of the .ovpn-file doesn't work - that was no surprise. The extraction of the ca.cert, client.cert and client.key from the config.ovpn is easy, but I have big problems trying to config the openvpn client manually, in particular the user-password combination. I copied the credentials.txt (username and hased password) into /etc/openvpn/ as well as the config.ovpn. But since "OpenVPN config from file" doesn't import anything, how do I import the this txt-file?

Where do I get the info what kind of encryption?

The config file looks like:

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If I understand correctly you are trying to use TLS/Password Authentication and manually trying to provide a path to the credentials file. My suggestion would be to configure the client with a random username and password first, then locate the newly created file in /etc/openvpn/auth_client_yourclientname and replace inside information with your own credentials information. Keep in mind that the password inside should be not hashed.

Regards.

by
Hello,

thanks for your fast comment. Nice hint. But finaly it doesn't work because the German Telekom want in their credentials.txt a hashed password. So every attempt to connect sadly failed.
0 votes
by
The "problem" is solved, my telecommunication provider doesn't support IoT devices with this credentials. They were meant only for server (win / linux / mac).

Thanks!