FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
249 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

Is there a simple way to list the differences between two configurations? 

I'm using a RUTX11 and have a few configuration profiles saved. I maintain a change log, but it would be quite handy if there was a tool (or report) that would list what differs between the current configuration and a saved configuration profile, or to make a comparison of two configuration profiles. 

If such a tool doesn't exist, please take my idea about a diff report as a feature request.

Here are a examples of when such a tool/report could be of great value:

1. You are a new administrator of a unit and want to understand the differences between saved configuration profiles.
  2. You have created several profiles, e.g. in a lab environment and want a quick way to identify what differs between two selected profiles.
  3. You have made configuration changes so that the current configuration is no longer identical to one of the saved configuration profiles. You want to identify the changes made compared to an existing profile. When it comes to a change log: you either have none, aren't sure it is complete, have lost it or do not have it available. 

I would, as said, like to be able to compare ...

• the current configuration to one of the existing configuration profiles; this is done by clicking on a button and thereafter selecting one of the available configuration profiles.
  • two configuration profiles; this is done by clicking on a button and thereafter selecting two configuration profiles.  

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

As far as it sounds - it is nice, but this feature wasn't requested by anyone else and I don't remember there being anything similar that was done to our clients through additional RnD development.

So as I said, if it was really helpful and necessary - there would be more requests, but this is the first time I'm hearing something like this, so most likely this is not going to be developed.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi,

Thank you for responding so quickly!

I interpret your response as that you are positive … and that’s good.

I guess RnD is a key success factor for Teltonika, and that you never would have survived if you never invented. Hence, please don’t dismissed my idea just because it might be new. Remember that there’s a first time for everything!

As an established company of a certain size, I’m certain that you have routines in place for capturing ideas for improvements … and to evaluate, prioritise and decide which ideas that will be added to the feature roadmap.

In any case, please forward the idea to the appropriate department. :-)
by anonymous
Thank you very much, will let you know if anything similar to your suggestion comes up, then I will forward this to the appropriate department, because as of now - it will be just dismissed.

EB.
by anonymous

So, all unique ideas will be dismissed? Seems to be an odd evaluation criteria ... in my mind. 

So ... let's ask the community what they think. 

yes Dear reader, comment and upvote if you support the idea presented above.