FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
186 views 0 comments
by
Hi. Silly question... I’m using the rutx11 for a crucially important event and want to check everything. It will be fed by a main WAN with failover to 4g. I will be upstreaming and have 20 devices connected to it using dhcp. All 20 devices will be downloading about 2mb/s each. The WAN and backup have sufficient bandwidth. On testing I saw the cpu usage gradually increase to 60% before going back to about 15% and then increasing again in a cycle. RAM was low. Is this amount of traffic / usage within normal/ safe limits. Is this CPU activity normal?

In a worse case is there a limit to the amount of devices I should be connecting to it in this simple way.

To confirm I have seen no faults and all is working as expected. Just really for reassurance.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

It shouldn't be the issue for RUTX11 if you're sure that the bandwidth is good enough to split 2mb/s for 20 devices in general. There were tests done with more devices than that and the CPU went through the test just fine, so you shouldn't worry.

EB.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If you have cryptographic task to do like certificat check, key exchange, SSL auth, all that sequence take CPU. It take CPU to a final timeout.

For me if every thing work, you fine. In gnerale use CPU is more speed compare to write thing in memory. Then have nop memory usage and CPU to 80% is good thing. You should panic when it have no memory to run the next task ...

Eventually use (ps -aux or top) to know with processus use the CPU. (And if it use have you CPU WAIT IO ?)

Et voilà !!!