FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,594 views 11 comments
by anonymous
Hello, we have bought an rut360 to test its speed compared to rut240.

but we have run into some trouble.

rut360 i nat mode and computer directly connected with cable gives us 75-50mbit download depending on location.

if i change mode to passthrouh or bridge, max download speed is 7-10mbit.

and also rrut360 with a fortigate behind it, we max out on 10mbit download. (if i place fortigate on normal broadband (100/100) we get that speed through it. but with teltonika rut 360 no more then 10mbit download.

any suggestions on what to look at to find the problem ?

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I will ask you to run the tests again and drop the results here, but first, make sure:

- You're running a speed test against the same server (different servers will have different pings and speeds).

- You have updated your RUT360 to the latest firmware version available.

- You're using the same ethernet cable for all the tests, NAT, Bridge and Passthrough.

- You don't have anything running on your PC that could consume data.

- The location of the router is the same and the ping doesn't change and stays stable.

EB.
by anonymous
do you have any updates to share about this issue?
by anonymous

Hi,

Yes I do, issue was found and will be fixed in the next firmware update.

For now, work-around should be like this:

execute command in CLI: swconfig dev switch0 set apply

This should work until the next restart/reload, once device is restarted - you will have to execute it again.

EB.

by anonymous
okej, just tried this in both bridge and passthrough mode without it making any difference. can i checkthat the command has been applied in anyway?
by anonymous
If it went without any errors after command execution - it means that it executed fine. So you're saying that it didn't make any difference?

EB.
by anonymous
okey, well it made no difference.

we had speeds around 7-10mbit all the time.

at the same physical location were we have had higher bandwidt. haven't had the time to test it all again. so i cant be sure there was some other problem regarding lte at the time.
0 votes
by anonymous
I have the same problem - download less 10 MBit/s, upload less than 2 (!) Mbit/s. At hthe same location with the same SIM-Card and the same speedtest a shitty huawei B528 makes 28 MBit/s down and 18 MBit/s up.
Hey Teltonika, whats happen with you ? It seems the RUT360 is an beta version ! When comes the new firmware ? The actual firmware is from februar ! With this firmware is impossible to use this device  for business things !
0 votes
by anonymous
Same issue here. I get download only 5-7mbit.

I first purchased the rut240 but was very dissappointed with the speed that was abt 10-12mbit. So I quickly returned that one and went for the new rut360 that I now got last friday. But this is even worse. Same sim, same location same device connected through wireless.

When will the fix/firmware update be released?