FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,689 views 2 comments
by
We have several RUT950 routers in use and it happens often that we cannot reach the router administration webpage at the designated IP address. The pc does have internet connection through the router but reaching the webportal is not possible on the IP adress of the router (192.168.1.1, verified by using ipconfig cmd). Resetting the router to factory settings does not resolve the issue. Accessing the router by SSH using Putty is also not possible (password keeps getting rejected). Please advise how to solve this.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

First of all, try to check if you're able to reach the firmware page in WebUI. If yes - download the latest firmware from our website and upload it to your router for updating.

If it doesn't work for you - try resetting the device again, make sure you're holding the reset button for about 5-6 seconds before releasing it.

After that, try to reach WebUI - check if you have a static network adapter configuration. If you already had it static, try switching it back to automatic.

If you're somehow able to reach WebUI and you're logged in - change LAN IP to something else, like 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.0.1, its up to you.

Save, see if your network adapter settings are correctly set with the new LAN IP.

Now check if everything is accessible for you again.

EB.
by
Dear EB,

Thank you for your reply. Maybe I was not clear enough but I am not able to reach the WebUI at all. That is the problem in fact.

As I've said, resetting the router to factory settings also does not resolve this issue. After resetting I am still not able to load the WebUI. When trying to open the WebUI in the browser I get a timed-out connection error and the page stops loading. I have already tried several webbrowsers but the problem remains the same. Also logging into the router by means of SSH is not working.

Network adapter configuration is already on static. The pc that is connected directly to the Teltonika router is connected to the internet so the router is working. I am just not able to open the WebUI. Please advise what to do.
by anonymous
Could you then try this method?

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Bootloader_menu

If this doesn't help, try another device and see if you can reach WebUI from it.

If not - I believe your device needs to be returned to reseller as it's not working properly even after bootloader menu flashing.

EB.