FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
202 views 2 comments
by
My Rutx11 is mounted on a boat. I had a 30 mile trip today. When I left my departure port, the Rutx11 wifi was associated with wifi antennas at that location. Once out of range, mobile failover occurred. So far, so good. When I got to my new location which had its own wifi antenna system, I couldn't access the router. I determined that I needed to DELETE the wifi associations from the prior location before I could access the WANs. Once I hardwired into the LAN and deleted the old wifi associations, the Wans became available. This is very inconvenient. In short, if the router wifi wan is associated with an external antenna and the router is then moved to a new location with a new external wifi antenna, wan access is unavailable until the prior wifi association is deleted. Is this fixable?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us.

First of all may i know what is the firmware on device ? Did you tried upgrading to the latest ? If this fixes the issue. 

Could you tell you have configured 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz as a client on the site you moved from ? And also AP is 5 ghz or 2.4Ghz.

Thank you.

Have a good day. 

Regards,

Ahmed

by
I have the latest firmware 2.06.1 released 2/21. At the departure port, the Rutx11 2.4 and 5.0 WANs were configured as access points and the antenna I was connecting to on the dock wifi system was configured as a client. Yes, the dock wifi broadcast  both 2.4g and 5g signals and I was connected to each separately. Does this help?
by anonymous

Hello,

For the testing purpose can you  disable or delete 5 Ghz client (Wireless WAN) and only check on 2.4 Ghz client if you are facing the same issue ? 

Also is it possible to provide troubleshoot file for that event if its logged ? If the device is rebooted it must be lost.

Troubleshoot file could be downloaded in System>Administration>Troubleshoot.

Please let me know . 

Thank you.

Have a good day.