FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
772 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have multiple RUT955 routers with 4G SIM card (France, Bouygues Telecom).

On one of them I recently have an insane number of disconnections, for the last two days (Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th March) I had exactly 23 disconnections are reconnections... To solve this manually and only temporarily I need to press on  Status/Network/Mobile and on the button Reboot Modem. Using Restart connection or Reregister didn't allow me to reconnect.. 

I implemented the "Modem restart" using the ping reboot like defined here: link to automatize this... Again, I didn't use the "Restart mobile connection" since it didn't work like in the manual procedure.

I don't get why I am getting this recently since I checked with Bouygues Telecom and I still have a lot of data available ! Also this behavior is not happening at the same frequency during the day... Actually this disconnections/reconnections process is happening a lot between 12h30 and 16h.

I attached the Troubleshoot log file extracted from the problematic router.

The firmware version of my RUT955 is RUT9XX_R_00.06.07

Please, any help or advise on this will be much appreciated...

Troubleshoot_rut955_2021_03_25

by anonymous
hey

i am also suffering from this problem so please provide some speacial information regarding it.
by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for answering. This thread is clear enough and presents well my problem.

Please clarify your questions if you have any.

Best,

5 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

The timestamps in your network log jump for consecutive log entries.. last time this happened:

12121|2021-03-23 15:21:55|Mobile Data|Mobile data disconnected
12122|2021-03-23 15:21:56|Network Type|Joined 3G WCDMA
12123|2021-03-23 15:22:10|Network Type|Joined 3G WCDMA
12124|2018-12-20 08:08:22|Network Type|Joined 4G LTE
12125|2018-12-20 08:08:30|Network Type|Unknown
12126|2018-12-20 08:08:30|Network Type|Joined 3G WCDMA
12127|2018-12-20 08:08:31|Network Operator|Connected to Bouygues Telecom operator
12128|2021-03-23 15:31:49|Network Type|Joined 4G LTE
12129|2021-03-23 15:32:16|Mobile Data|Mobile data connected, IP: 10.167.64.25 Bouygues Telecom

The all events log misses those entries altogether.

I have no idea how the RUT955 keeps an internal clock (can't see a primary battery cell in there) and if that is needed for being in a mobile network and talking to a mobile tower.
Browsers for example have a hard time to connect to https(?) websites if the machine clock is off by more than a couple minutes or so.

I know that starting a RUT955 out of the box its not aware of the time and you have to set it.
Maybe yours has some issue with keeping its internal time (or asking the wrong NTP servers) and is subsequently kicked from the tower after getting it wrong?
Though the chronology in the network log doesn't tell this story..

by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for answering. First of all, the RUT955 is not configured to be the NTP server but a slave and must get its clock from a connected PC.

I just configured that connexion using the static IP address of that PC.. to my knowledge this part is working fine but next time I have this issue I will check the clock on the router web page... By the way.. today I don't have any disconnections..!

You are pointing some really old log (2018) and as you say I agree, those logs do correspond to the moment where I first powered ON the router.

Thanks again for your answer ;). Hope that someone from Teltonika can give us more insight on this..!
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for answering. First of all, the RUT955 is not configured to be the NTP server but a slave and must get its clock from a connected PC.

I just configured that connexion using the static IP address of that PC.. to my knowledge this part is working fine but next time I have this issue I will check the clock on the router web page... By the way.. today I don't have any disconnections..!

edit: sorry for writing this twice... I don't see how to just answer to the main thread...
You are pointing some really old log (2018) and as you say I agree, those logs do correspond to the moment where I first powered ON the router.

Thanks again for your answer ;). Hope that someone from Teltonika can give us more insight on this..!
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

May i know if you are using both the mobile antennas provided in the box?

From the troubleshoot file it could be seen that service is switching from 4G to 3G , 3G to 4G.

Also its better if you upgrade device to the latest firmware because you are using a very older firmware version.

There are a lot of fixes in the newer firmware .

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads

If the issue persists after the firmware upgrade and using both the antennas , please provide troubleshoot file with the latest firmware.

Before downloading the troubleshoot file make sure device is powered on for 15-20 minutes and the logs of disconnections must be logged in the troubleshoot file.

Thanks .

Regards,

Ahmed
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Ahmad,

Thank you for answering.

Regarding the firmware update, I see that they are 5 missing updates from 00.06.07 to 00.06.07.5. I read the change log and I honestly don't see anything related to my issues.. Anyway I will test upgrading the firmware but last time I did that nothing worked correctly with the modbus server and the input/outputs...

Regarding the antenna I am using Teltonika LTE/GPS/GLONASS/WiFi MIMO Combo Outdoor IP67 3m Roof Antenna: https://teltonika-networks.com/product/combo-mimo-mobile-gnss-wifi-roof-sma-antenna/

And yes, I am indeed using both outputs of the LTE router, all antennas are connected.

Also, I have about 5 or 6 RUT955 and only this one is behaving like this....

I will provide the troubleshooting file once I can do that.

Best,
+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

I had again the problem yesterday with my router being up to date... The logs are attached.

Please, Teltonika support, give me some advises on what exactly is happening here.

Best,

Troubleshoot

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Almost one year after, I am still getting the same issues from time to time... However, this month is awful I am getting this issue like every hour..

By the way, this disconnection issue happens even more quickly, almost instantly, when I try to upload a file... 

Here are the logs: trouble_backup-Teltonika-RUT955.com-2022-03-28

Any pointers or help on what could happen ? I precise that I have the same phenomenon on multiple routers..

Thanks a lot for any advice/help.

by anonymous
Hello, same problem for me,

the mobile data keeps disconnecting and connecting, continuosly. Impossible to navigate or anything else.

FW RUT955_R_00.06.08.3.

It worked fine for 8 months and now it is unusable due to this behaviour. (sims are the same and it is ok).

Teltonika asked me to upgrade to FW 7 but i had very bad experiences with it in past.