FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
468 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi

I have used RMS for almost 8 months now. Since few days ago unit is offline in RMS, but I know its online due to other services and data I am reciving from remote site via same modem and its internet connection.

I am unable to connect to modem thru any kind of desktop to login into modem due to that there is no running any kind of pc machine there and I cant access fisycally to remote site its far away...

I have restarted unit thru sms, sucsessfully reconnected on internet again but not on RMS, still appiers offline.

My licence is still valid, I have started 2nd month now of 6months package.

Device is connected on internet via wifi with LTE as failover...

Device is running latest firmware.

I never had this problem before.

Is there any way to check someting more without actually go to place?

thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this issue of yours I would recommend checking the device if the monitoring mode is enabled.

Example:

For clearer image: https://prnt.sc/10ysuwu

If everything mentioned above is okay. I recommend you disabling and enabling RMS. 
You can do that without going on site via SMS commands through UCI API. 

Here are the steps: 
#Disable RMS 

routerpass uci set rms_connect_mqtt.rms_connect_mqtt.enable=0        [After sending this message wait atleast 1-2mins] 
routerpass uci commit rms_connect_mqtt
routerpass reboot

Once it's disabled you need to enable RMS again.

#Enable RMS 

routerpass uci set rms_connect_mqtt.rms_connect_mqtt.enable=1        [After sending this message wait atleast 1-2mins] 
routerpass uci commit rms_connect_mqtt
routerpass reboot

If the issue still persist let me know

Regards,
Mellow

Best answer
by
Hi

Thanks for reply

I will have to try to disable/enable rms via sms.

I have to ask maybe some simple questions

Is "routerpass" actual password I am using to login into router or it is command?

Thanks again
by anonymous

Hello, 

"routerpass" is the password of the router [Web UI access]. 

You may refer to this link for more information: RUT950 SMS Utilities - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi

Thanks a lot for help, I will remember this for future use.

My router came back online to RMS by itself today.

One thing I noticed is that its on backup link now via LTE, usually its connected thru neighbors wifi.

I got idea, maybe somehow port 15009 became blocked by their router.

I will test and continue to monitor, dont dare to play too much with it as its far away to access.

Thanks a lot again!