FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
718 views 10 comments
by anonymous
Hi, my RUT240 has been working fine for several months but today shows offline in RMS.

It is working on the Internet, with 9GB of data available, it has Teltonika credit as well, and monitoring is switched on. An SMS status query shows it as online with 4G connection, as does RMS, and connected devices are sending out email no problem. But it shows offline in RMS.

What else can cause this? Any suggestions to fix it - none of the things mentioned in other posts to similar questions seems to apply?

Alex
by anonymous
I have used SMS to reboot the router and to request monitoring status. It says "Monitoring - enabled; Connection state - Connection closed."

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you somehow restart your router through SMS command or physically to see if it regains status within RMS?

EB.
by anonymous
Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't seem to respond to that (either that or I'm not formatting the command and password correctly). I think maybe only the status command is enabled for SMS.
by anonymous

Update: I did manage to reboot it by SMS, but it still shows offline in RMS Connect. sad

by anonymous
Hi, I am also experiencing a similar issue. I have a RUT240 that is showing a licence expired error and is not online in RMS despite having internet connectivity and paid credits. We also have three additional devices (RUT955) that are connecting just fine.

I have rebooted the device as above and updated the firmware to the latest version with no change in status.
by anonymous
Mine is showing correctly licensed and with monitoring enabled, but is showing offline. Does someone at Teltonika monitor these questions and can help?
0 votes
by anonymous

Okay, so I unregistered and re-registered the device, and it has come back online in RMS. Good news, but now it shows No Signal for mobile, and no carrier etc, even though an SMS status command returns the information that it has a 4G connection at -57dBm. 

More to the point, how could I be monitoring it in RMS if it didn't have a mobile signal - it has no other internet connection.

For the few months I have been testing this modem I thought Teltonika had produced a brilliant system, but now it seems to be really flakey.

Sad.

by anonymous

Not only does it incorrectly say there is no mobile signal, but I now find it also says it can see no IP devices. 

After the advised de-register and re-register it forgot all the HTTP LAN device accesses that had been set up. SO I went to add again, but guess what, on an autoscan it says No IP's available on selected device. However, if I manually set up the one device whose IP address I can remember, it works, so there are IPs available!

Very disappointed by all this, which has come out of the blue on a unit that had been sitting there working for a few months and always on hand when needed. Now it can no longer be depended on (nor recommended to industry colleagues).

by anonymous
Sorry for the late response. Is RMS service still showing you wrong information?

EB.
by anonymous
I have same problem but on RUT950 in this case.

Thanks & Regards
by anonymous
Hi Dagotrophee, please create a new question about your issue, we'll try our best to help you out.

EB.
by anonymous
Following an update to the firmware the device is now showing all the correct status information. I hope the problem doesn't recurr now.