FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
251 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I see it can work as MQTT broker and publisher, but not as subscriber ... Can it work as MQTT subscriber? Thanks.
by anonymous
As I am using MQTT differently, it took me some time to find out the philosophy behind the Teltonika MQTT. If I am right, Teltonika MQTT broker acts as a receiver for queries. the corresponding data is then sent out via the publisher. Its not so clear for me about how this is working over internet using 4G and private IP´s.  As long as you are using LAN connections   or  internet with public IPs this might work.  Hopefully Teltonika can show us a way how to setup this most common use case (mobile internet without public IP) and using a hosted MQTT-broker with known fixed IP somwhere in the net.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

It is possible to let RUT955 act as a subscriber but it would be on Command Line based. 

To make this work you need to follow the steps below: 

1. Log in to SSH or CLI of RUT955 
2. Execute this command: opkg update
3. After the opkg update is finished execute this: opkg install mosquitto-client
4. Now you can make the RUT955 as a subscriber with mosquitto_sub 

Example: mosquitto_sub -h  192.168.100.1 -t mqtttest

For more information about mosquitto_sub you can refer to this link: mosquitto_sub

I hope it helps. 

Regards,
Mellow