FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,134 views 2 comments
by anonymous

we bought two routers RUTX09 and we would like to change the mobile configuration MOB1S1A1 by using command lines (not via the web interface).  
At  the moment we are using those commands but it does not always switch the configuration from one mobile network provided to another.

uci set network.mob1s1a1.apn=APN
uci set network.mob1s1a1.username= Username
uci set network.mob1s1a1.password=Password
uci set network.mob1s1a1.pincode=0000
uci set network.mob1s1a1.auth_mode=PAP
uci commit network
luci-reload

could you please assist us to get the command lines to change the configurations ?
your help is highly appreciated 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For the commands, you are executing it is correct. 

uci set network.mob1s1a1.apn=APN
uci set network.mob1s1a1.username= Username
uci set network.mob1s1a1.password=Password
uci set network.mob1s1a1.pincode=0000
uci set network.mob1s1a1.auth_mode=PAP
uci commit network
luci-reload -> Could you replace this command with /etc/init.d/network restart

If the issue still persist I recommend you re-flashing the firmware to the latest one via bootloader menu.You can do that be following the steps mentioned in this link: RUTX09 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results. 

Kind Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous

Thanks Mellow.

It didn't work for me. I get this output:      killall: iface-mgr: no process killed

The commands I use (mentioned in my original post) are working fine to switch configurations between most of mobile networks. HOWEVER, it only FAILS when I try to switch to VODAFONE mobile. 

Alternatively, I use the Teltonika web interface to switch to Vodafone. 

I have no idea why this cannot be done by using Command Lines

by anonymous

Hello, 

Could you try re-flashing the firmware via the bootloader menu? 

You can do that by following the steps mentioned in this link: RUTX09 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results. 

Kind Regards,
Mellow