FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
423 views 3 comments
by anonymous
We have not "auto extend" activated. After 30 days we manually have to "turn on" the service and normally the unit is visible in the RMS system again efter a couple of hours.

Any way to speed this up? To somehow push the unit to be visible in the RMS directly?

(If I reboot the unit it will be visible directly I guess but reboot = I loose the history about the mobile traffic)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

We do recommend keeping the auto-extend option enabled to prevent this kind of issues, but if there are some reasons why you cannot keep this setting on all the time I would recommend logging in to router WebUI after each manual turn on action, navigate the RMS page (System > Administration > RMS for RUT2/9 or Services > Cloud solutions for RUTX/TRB) and press reconnect button manually. After that, your device should connect to RMS in few seconds.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hi

Maybe I got you wrong but I cannot log in to the router WebUI until the unit is updated in the RMS system.

I thought that maybe there is some kind of possibility to push the unit from the RMS System. To send a "please update yourself in the RMS at once" directly after I have re-actived the service from "off" to "on"
by anonymous

Unfortunately, the connection is initiated from the router's side and RMS cannot send any information to the router until it is connected.  

To prevent long reconnect interval, I would like to suggest keeping Connection type option enabled every time in the RMS page inside router WebUI. More about connection types:

Enabled - RMS functionality is always on. Retrying connection every 2-5 minutes if disconnected from the server. 14 days after the device has disconnected, the router will go to Standby mode.

Standby - Router tries to establish a connection with the server infrequently - 6hrs between attempts. This is being done to save mobile data. In order to start using RMS. user intervention is not necessary from the router's side. Worst case scenario - RMS connection will be established 6hrs after adding it to RMS.

Disabled - RMS functionality is completely disabled. In order to start using RMS later, the user must enable functionality on the router's side.

by anonymous
OK, thanks for the information