FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
531 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hello, i recently bought 12 RUT950 routers and im trying to configurate a L2TP/IPSEC TUNNEL with windows Client. I followed your guiedes and looked in the forum i cant get it to work. In my recent config i get "A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed.

Can you please help me?

this is my config:

kind regards

martin

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

For the issue, you are having. I am not really able to see clearly the screenshots you shared. The first question from my side may I know what type of IP address are you using on the Server-side? Is RUT950 will be a server or client?

Kindly let us know this details so that we can support you more efficiently

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Hello,

RUT950 is Server, and L2TP server ip is 192.168.1.1. Range is 192.168.1.50-192.168.1.60.
by anonymous

Hello, 

I want to know the WAN IP address of the server? The one that RUT950 is having (WAN IP address of RUT950) is its a Public IP address or a Private IP address? Are you using a sim card to get network connectivity? Or you're using Wired Network. 

To know what type of IP address you are having you can try doing this. 

1. Connect one device to the RUT950 acting as server visit this link: http://icanhazip.com
2. Take note of the IP result 
3. Then Log in to the Web UI of the RUT950 in the Overview below the Mobile details you will see WAN and an IP address will be shown to verify the IP address if it is the same with the icanhazip result. 

You can refer to this link for more information about ip addressing: Private and Public IP Addresses - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hello,

Im not connecting to the internet with mobile network only with WAN. Either connected to the internet providers switch or to a cable modem. I have a public ip that starts on 213.xxx.xxx.xxx. I can reach the Web UI without any problem both with dns and public IP.

regards,

Martin
by anonymous

Hi, 

I believe your connection will be like this one: 

ISP -> ISP Router -> RUT950 -> LAN device 

Is my understanding correct? If this is the case you need to do port-forwarding on the ISP Router to redirect the ports and protocol that IPSec and L2TP are using. 

The port numbers and protocols that need to be forwarded are mentioned in this link: linux - Which ports for IPSEC/LT2P? - Server Fault

If what I understand is wrong, kindly correct me. And could you draw a sketch of how everything is connected? For me to understand the scenario that you are building. 

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hi,

Its correct. So you mean that the internet provider have a firewall that does not pass through vpn-traffic? I thought the did not have any limitations with ports. I tried the L2TP/IPSEC in two different locations with two different internet providers but i get the same results. Im pretty sure that the internet provider with cable modem (bridged mode) dont have any limitations.

regards,

Martin
by anonymous
Hello Martin,

Could you send me a copy of the troubleshoot file of the RUT950 that should be acting as a Server? You can send it via PM and we can communicate there.

I will be looking forward to the said troubleshoot file

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,
Mellow.