FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
681 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

We have an RUT950 that we are trying to lock to a specific cell ID.

Searching in the forums, I've found the following two methods. Method A doesn't give any errors, but doesn't actually seem to change the cell ID its connecting to. Method B errors out (details below).

Can anyone assist with the correct process for this?

Running gsmctl -I shows:

+QENG: "neighbourcell intra","LTE",9410,231,-11,-108,-75,0,-,-,-,-,-

+QENG: "neighbourcell intra","LTE",9410,45,-14,-108,-84,0,-,-,-,-,-

We are trying to lock on to 9410,45. gsmctl -K shows we're connected to 9410,231.

Method A (no errors but fails):

gsmctl -A AT+QNWLOCK="common/4g",1,9410,45
/etc/init.d/gsmd restart

No errors, but the cell doesn't change. gsmctl -K continues to show 9410,231

Method B (see errors in bold below)

ifdown ppp
/etc/init.d/gsmd stop
microcom /dev/modem_cmd

At this point rather than a prompt it starts showing +QCSQ: "LTE",-74,-109,136,-12 on a constant loop.

Trying to ignore it and type anyway is difficult, but ATE1 shows OK, AT+QCSQ=0 shows no output and the following two lines show ERROR. Haven't tried beyond that.

ATE1
AT+QCSQ=0
AT+CGREG=2
AT+CGREG?
AT+QENG="servingcell"
AT+QENG="neighbourcell"
AT+QNWLOCK="common/4g",1,1602,16
AT+QNWLOCK="common/4g"
AT+CGREG?
AT+QENG="servingcell"

Ctrl+x
/etc/init.d/gsmd start
ifup ppp

by anonymous
Hello, Im trying to cell lock on my RUT950 too. @VykintasKuzma Do you have the same carrier aggregation issue you mentioned on a previous RUT360 thread? Im assuming you were trying to lock your RUT950 with the RUT360 instructions and it still worked?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I have tested myself (especially the second method that you were not able to complete).

After command microcom /dev/modem_cmd it is natural to see that spam until you successfully manage to write AT+QCSQ=0

Do not get distracted by spam that seems like is interrupting your input. Just write commands and press Enter after each one (does not matter if it got cut in half by the spam). Using the second method I have managed to accomplish Cell ID lock.

Regards.