FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
307 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I am having trouble connecting my RUT955 to my OpenVPN Server hosted by my ASUS Router RT-AX88U. All of my other devices are able to connect to this VPN except the router. I have tried using the config file exported from the server, but I just receive the 'Not Available' message under the configuration for TUN/TAP, Protocol and Port. I have also tried entering the settings in manually but with no luck. Will the router even connect to the ASUS OpenVPN Server?

I am currently using the latest fw on the ASUS router and 00.06.07.5 fw on the RUT955
by anonymous
Hi,

I just bought a TCR100 for the exact same purpose as you described. To connect to an OpenVPN server on an Asus router.  I have multiple clients connected to the Asus VPN using the config file provided in the Asus router.

However the configuration file does not work on the TCR100. I am by no means a very tech savvy person so i have no idea how to enter the settings manually.

Could you please be so kind as to describe how you solved the problem? with some pics would be super.

Thank you very much !

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

For this query of yours's could you share with me the configuration file of the ASUS router that you extracted I will check and verify. It is recommended to try configuring the router manually instead of with the exported configuration file also just additional information router is reading .ovpn file extension.

Kindly share with me the troubleshoot file of the RUT955 that you tried uploading the config file.

I will be waiting for the said files via pm

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,
Mellow
0 votes
by anonymous

Soo, I might not be too savvy but i am very patient in trying all options.

I got it to work - so now the TCR100 is connected to Asus OpenVPN.

If someone else will need the info, here is what i did.

1. Exported the client.ovpn file from Asus, opened it in Notepad++ and slit in 3 files like this

- file 1 i named it ca.ovpn and in it i put only the text from "<ca>" to first "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" , including these.

- file 2 i named it client.ovpn and in it i put only the text from "</ca> <cert> " to second"-----END CERTIFICATE-----" , including these.

- file 3 i named it key.ovpn and in it i put only the text from "<cert> <key> " to  "</key>" , including these.

2. Create VPN user in VPN management in Asus Router - with username and password

3. In TCR100 - System - Administration - Certificates - Certificates manager TAB i imported those 3 files.

4.  Then Services - VPN - Add

5. VPN configuration:

Then in Remote Host IP : put the Asus external IP address or ddns.

Then User Name : - the Asus OpenVPN user name

Password: - the Asus OpenVPN password

Extra Options - leave blank.

Certificate files from device - toggle On

Certificate authority: ca.ovpn

Client Certificate: client.ovpn

Client key: key.ovpn

Private Key decryption - leave blank

Save & Apply

And voila !!! it should work.