FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
331 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Im using a 4G simcard in a RUT950 router (in bridge mode) but im unable to remotely log into my Unifi USG router that sits behind the RUT950.

Internet is working fine and the USG router shows a WAN ip: 10.85.51.42 but when im on the LAN network and I check my ip I get 84.241.202.146

I have set a DynDNS in my USG and it's directing towards the 10.85.51.42 ip. But neither of both ip's let me log into the USG from outside.

So, anyone any idea whats wrong?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

10.85.51.42 is a private IP address it cannot be reached from the outside world and a dyndns won't help you either. 84.241.202.146 is a public one but it is the address on an interface on some router in the T-Mobile network, or so says "whois 84.241.202.146".

nmap -A -Pn 84.241.202.146 shows no open port, consistent with a public facing device.

If you want to reach you devices from the outside your best option is to setup a Zerotier VPN on the RUT950, and use NAT mode instead of bridge. Of course you'll have to reconfigure at least part of you LAN addressing.

Regards,
by anonymous
Yes ofcourse 10. is a private ip (missed that one). I did put the rut950 in bridge but apparently I can’t get a dedicated WAN ip for the connection (even when set to bridge)?

I’m having connectivity issues where I’m losing internet every day at either 17:00 or 12:00 o clock. I think this has something to do with the ISP changing WAN ip but im not sure yet.

An automatic reboot can be an option but for a restaurant being on a phone call (VoIP) and losing the connection is not an option.

The internal ip is given randomly by the rut950 to the USG router?
by anonymous

> apparently I can’t get a dedicated WAN ip for the connection (even when set to bridge)?

It is a "dedicated" WAN IP, alas not a public nor fixed one... It won't hurt to ask your operator if it can provide a public address, some can (and do for a fee).

I’m having connectivity issues where I’m losing internet every day at either 17:00 or 12:00 o clock

It is common practice for public operators to clear mobile links after a fixed time, generally not more than 24 hours. A "dirty" workaround is to force a reboot in the middle of the night no guarantee however and obviously won't  work if the max duration is set to 8 hours ...

The internal ip is given randomly by the rut950 to the USG router?

No, if it is the 10.x.y.z in bridge mode mentioned above it is assigned by the operator.

Regards,

by anonymous
Thanks for your help.

If I use VoIP devices in the network I don’t want double NAT (that’s why I want the rut950 in bridge), will that work with the current external ip and internal 10. ip given by the ISP?
by anonymous
If you use an external VoIP provider you can. I have a freeswitch doing just that.

Regards,