FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
532 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I am trying to connect the RUT955 to google's MQTT (or HTTP) bridge to communicate with Cloud IoT core. I am planning to use this to forward sensor data to google cloud. In order to authenticate the device one has to generate a json web token signed by the device private key, and send the json web token in the MQTT password field (for HTTP, in the request header). The json web token expires within 24h, therefore I need a way to periodically update the password. Is there any way to do this?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Which kind of data will you get from RUT955 and send to Google cloud?

If will you send modbus data via mqtt or http you can use this service and also edit the header.

The json web token expires within 24h, therefore I need a way to periodically update the password. Is there any way to do this?
Nevertheless, if you want to use another IoT platfomr instead google cloud, Teltonika already have some packages ready to use with some platforms.
Any further doubts, please let me know.
Regards.
by anonymous
Thanks, I am now able to generate json web tokens on the RUT955. How can I configure the "Modbus Data to Server" parameters using the shell script (to add the password)? I.e. where is the file I need to write to?
by anonymous
Hi.

By default, modbus data to server won't use the custom script.

Maybe you can create a listening port in your localhost, so your modbus data to server can send the data to the router itself (in the port you configured) and manage all in your custom script.

Another way, the modbus database is stored in the /tmp folder. If you want to create a customized data sender, you can do it into your custom script.

I think there are some other ways using the bash interface.

Any further doubt please let me know.

Regards.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi Thoander,

I'm facing the same issue, generating JWT outside of RUT, with a python script over Ubuntu and then using it inside my RUT955 Application, it works for 24h.

I have a micropython version of the script but some imports are missing after installing micropython at RUT955. Could you provide some details about how you are generating/refreshing the JWT inside RUT955?

Regards,

by anonymous
Hi, I ended up making a bash script to generate and sign the JWTs with openssl-commands.