FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
413 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

In a RTU955, is it possible include  the imei in the json of Modbus Data to Server?

Thanks

Ginés

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

As of now, there is no shortcut option for IMEI in Modbus Data to Server you can try putting it manually. 

Kindly refer to this link for more information: RUT955 Modbus - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

In the JSON format, you can type the IMEI manually and each data sent to the server will specify the IMEI. 

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous

Hello Mellow,

thanks for your quick response.

Yes, I know that I can put the IMEI manually. The problem is that if the project is successfully, we will must configure 500 devices in the first phase and 5000 in the second phase. It will be a big problem to configure manually such size of devices.

Is it possible to me to try modify the code? For example, in the sdk I see the binary of "modbus_data_sender" but not his source code.

Best Regards

Ginés

by anonymous

Hi Ginés,

Yes, it is possible by customizing the SDK but the changes done to the SDK are not covered by us anymore. But for this kind of thing, I am currently checking our HQ if they have some requests regarding this and if they are planning to implement this. Once I hear some feedback from them I will let you know. 

Teltonika SDK could be downloaded here: Software Development Kit - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
I agree with Ginés. We've the same need. It's absolutely impossible to configure each router with its own json. I'd also add that the imei tag should be available to include in the topic string (if mqtt is used) apart from the json payload. If a subscriber wants to receive only the modbus data from one router, its also needed.

There is some new on this "topic"?

Thanks in advance!