FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
441 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello,
We're recently bought some "new" RUTX11, and we're facing some boot issues on repower.
What I call "repower" is when our whole machine is turned off and turned on again, the router is also powered off and powered on again. The poweroff time is about 10 to 20 seconds.
What's happening is that with some of our new RUTX11 (batch #021), the router isn't booting after this repower.
Basically the "POWER" led is on, but the other ones never show up. I would say this problem is happeing 3 times over 4. On so the only way to make the router boot, is to poweroff the router for a long time before power it on again.
This problem isn't happening on our older routers (batch #008 for example)
The problem is happening with latest firmware (RUTX_R_00.02.06.1)

Did you already see this problem on your side ?
Is there recent hardware changes on newer router that would explain this behavior ?
Is there something that we could test to tackle this issue ?
by anonymous
Same problem with rutx10.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding your issue could you share with me a copy of the troubleshoot file. So I believe you have multiple RUTX11 that is batch21 having this kind of issue or it is only for one device. Could you test it if you have an extra batch 21 RUTX11. I believe maybe this device is just a faulty device. But before concluding that I would like you to re-flash the firmware via the bootloader menu. 

You can do that by following the steps mentioned in this link: RUTX11 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous

Hello,
Sorry for my last reply.

We have indeed more than one rutx11 from batch#21 (5 in total), unfortunately 4 are already installed in the machines we produce.
We know for sure that they are 2 routers from batch#21 with that issue, but also that there is one from batch#21 that doesn't have the issue. The one installed and running by the client is planned to be replaced by an older one.

In the meantime I've tried several time to flash firmware (also with recovery/bootloader mode), I tried version RUTX_R_00.02.05.1 which is the version that was installed at arrival, and that is running on the "working" router from batch#21. Without any better success.

I then investigate the issue a bit further, and conclude to the fact that it might come from heat. The router doesn't seem to boot if it is too warm. As soon as we cool it down it boot again (even with very short poweroff poweron time)
All router rutx11 we have (any batch) are a bit warming when running (even if their idling). However only few doesn't seem to support booting when their warm.

When I'm saying warm, I'm talking about 1 hour run in a 20°C room. I then look inside to see how heat is dispatched, and tried a with a bigger silicone pad. And now I can't reproduce the error without forcing it to heat (1 min with an heat gun).
Here is a picture of the silicone pad: 

My guess is now that their is a security or a component on those router that prevent booting when they're warm.
However the "working" router (including one from batch#21) are booting even when their are really hot (5min with heat gun)

What do you think about this explanation ? Is this only limited to our 2 routers (maybe 4), or newer one might have this issue too ?

by anonymous

Hello, 

For this issue of yours, I would like you to send the said routers for RMA. 

Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Request Form | Teltonika (teltonika-iot-group.com) 

Just specify the issue there like the device is not booting up when the RUTX11 is under this temperature.  

Also from our side, it seems the device may be faulty. but it would be best to have the device for RMA so our HQ team can run some more analysis.  

Regards,
Mellow

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I can confirm that I just booted up RUTX11 today straight out of the box and it turns out my router has the same symptom of some boot issues on repower.

I was hoping that when I update the firmware to the latest version of RUTX_R_00.02.06.1 it would solve the problem. Unfortunately, the update did not help in this matter. My RUTX11 has batch number 009 and is intended to be used in a car where it will frequently restore power after a short ignition cut after the car has been stopped.

Can we expect an urgent software update?

Regards,

by anonymous

Hello, 

For this issue of yours, I would like you to try upgrading the device via the bootloader menu:

You can do that by following the steps mentioned in this link: RUTX11 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

If the issue is still persisting kindly send the said router for RMA. 

Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Request Form | Teltonika (teltonika-iot-group.com) 

It seems the device may be faulty. but it would be best to have the device for RMA so our HQ team can run some more analysis.  

Regards,
Mellow