FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
637 views 9 comments
by anonymous
Dear support.

Faced with the following question. There is sstp server (cloud) and the sstp client(rutx11). The tunnel up and the connection between server and client stable. How to access devices behind the tunnel on the client side and on the server side?
by anonymous
Does anyone have any idea on this?

@1qqq, were you able to resolve this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

Sorry for the late response.

Use static routes to access devices on the local networks of the SSTP client and server. Also, check the firewall configuration on the server, make sure SSTP traffic is allowed to be sent to the local network.

More information on the links below:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Routing#Static_Routes

Best regards.
by anonymous

It doesn't work! On the rutx side i made the sstp client connection. Than I add the routing rule to reach the subnet of the server. Basically these settings are enough to reach the subnet of the server! But not! I cant even ping the subnet of the server. help to properly set up the rules, routes and firewall

by anonymous
So. Back to the fight with connection teltonika sstp client to keenetic sstp server. As previously mentioned the tunnel is up and works. How I checked it? The ip address for tunnel  on the server side is from the subnet of the server: 192.168.6.xx. The subnet of the client is 192.168.7.yy. If ping the server from client itself the ping is pass. Same is from the server side. Now the problem. I have the laptop connected to the teltonika. Teltonika is the sstp client. From the laptop I cant ping even server ip. What do I need to do to get rich the server?
by anonymous
Hello.

As far as I understand, you are using the KeenDNS cloud service and do not have a public IP address. I am guessing that the problem is with the routing from the cloud service side. On the keenetic website, I found information that through KeenDNS you can only get remote access to the Keenetic web configurator, as well as to home network devices with a web interface (this can be a webcam, network drive, router, server, etc.). Also, I did not find examples of topologies and routing settings with third-party vendors using KeenDNS. From which I can conclude that this service may not support what you need.

Best regards.
by anonymous

Hi Igor. Your conclusion is not right. I tested two keenetics with the same set up. One is server via clod and other is the client. No any problem. I cam reach the devices behind the server. But with teltonika it doesn't work. Base setting on the server side allow the route to the subnet of the client. On the client side allow the route to the server side via sstp interface! Thats it! I can connect to the lap top connected to the server router. So I conclude that teltonika not suitable for such connection! And sstp client is cutted off version(

by anonymous
Also for information. I use the test FW. Because on the latest the sstp even doesn’t establish. Maybe the firewall rules also doesn’t work? Because as mentioned above. To connect to the subnet of the server two things are enough: static route to the server subnet via sstp connection interface and traffic rule out from lan to sstp. Last maybe not really needed.
by anonymous
Any possible help?
by anonymous

Hello,

Do you have another router to test the connection to Keenetic KeenDNS or any examples of connections with third-party vendors? I suspect this service only works correctly with Keenetic routers. 

Best regards.

by anonymous
Hi Igor. With test FW of Teltonika I receive tunnel up. But further I can’t reach the clients behind tunnel from both sides. And seams that routing doesn’t work in test FW.