FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,616 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Using an RUTX11, I am trying to automatically publish the GPS data over MQTT using the build in MQTT broker.

I have tried configuring modbus slave and mqtt gateway so can publish a "request" and receive back the modbus data on the subsequent "response" message. But I would rather have it publish this data regularly every 5 seconds - autonomously.

Now I am trying to use the "Data to Server" feature to publish this modbus data to the mqtt broker every 5 seconds.

However this does not seem to work. Here is my Data To Server configuration...

by anonymous
I just finally got this working. I had to also add a MODBUS master configuration.

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

I just finally got this working. I had to also add a MODBUS master configuration.

Best answer
by anonymous
Could you bring me more information for this solution, I try to send the gps data to Azure
+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

i need a while to under stand it.

And i want to create a small tutorial for this topic:

HOW TO SEND/PUBLISH GPS AND SYSTEM VALUES OVER MQTT

Switch to ADVANCED Mode.

Enable GPS:

enable_GPS

Activate MODBUS with a MODBUS TCP SLAVE:

Create a MODBUS MASTER:

Add all needed System values here. REMEMBER the FIRST REGISTER ids.

Find more details about the System Values here:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Monitoring_via_Modbus

Enabble MQTT Broker:

Send MODBUS data to MQTT Broker with the DATA TO SERVER service

DATA TO SERVER -> ADD

Now you can connect to the MQTT Broker to the GPS topic.

The router publish all you data the the REGISTER ID and the VALUE to this topic.

Have fun.