FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
613 views 1 comments
by anonymous

I'm trying to use RUT955 RS-232 interface to program a campbell scientific CR1000 data logger connected to it.

The RUT955 gets internet access from home modem connection via WAN port. I have a laptop connected to the LAN port of RUT955 and a data logger connected via RS-232 on the RUT 955 via null model cable. The laptop is running LoggerNet which is used to configure the logger. The topology can be seen here.

The data logger is an older model and requires a special module to get network access. Because I couldn't get my hands on one I'm trying to set up a network access via serial port RS-232. The config for the serial port is here.

I've set the RUT955 to act as server since I want to initiate the connection from the laptop. When I try to connect to the logger from LoggerNet with the ip 192.168.1.1:50000 I keep receiving the error about unreachable desination 

I'm not sure what's causing this as I'm able to ping the router to laptop and laptop to router, and the router is able to ping google and other sites, so it has internet access. Do I need port forwarding for this? If I do where to I forward to as data logger doesn't have an IP address. 

I appreciate the help. 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this issue of yours. As I understood you are connecting the CR1000 datalogger to RUT955 RS232 where RUT955 RS232 is configured to run in Over IP mode and you specified the settings of the CR1000 (Baud rate, Parity bit, stop bit, and so on). From that, you want to reach the datalogger from their online platform? Or you are testing it via laptop only? It would be best if you know what TCP/IP port is CR1000 is listening if you do so let me know. 

Also, you mentioned that you tried to reach it via 192.168.1.1:50000 but you specified from the screenshot you send you configured it in port: 6785. So the correct IP and port to reach the Datalogger is 192.167.1.1:6785

Let me know the results.

Regards,
Mellow

Best answer
by anonymous

Thank you for the response, we were able to figure this problem out, with reference to this forum post on the campbell sci user forum

Cheers!