FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
229 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have had this router for a year, and upgraded the sw as new releases becomes available. Some time last fall, the unit got quite unstable. Not sure which sw version it was that stated this problem, or if it is related at all.

The mobile connection droppes, and the mobile interface sometimes goes into "stopped" status. All mobile status information disappears from the management ui until the unit is rebooted. Sometimes it comes back by itselves after a minute or two.

The unit is mounted outdoors, powered by PoE (12v). I have tested powering the unit with separate 12v cable, no difference.

At first, it seemed to be more stable if I disabled the WiFi. Have had it disabled for moths now, and find the unit very close to unusable.

Have tried the "factory reset" without sim card, new "factory reset" with sim card, without any improvement. Have also tried the device recovery procedure, and reloaded with new sw, then factory reset. No difference.

Replaced sim card, no difference. Carrier: Telenor in Norway.

To me, it looks like the fault comes more often if there is some "load" on the system (several users surfing). With only one active user, it can run for quite some time without issues. With only some remote monitoring active, it can work for weeks.

PRODUCT CODE

RUTX1100XXXX

HARDWARE REVISION

BATCH NUMBER

FIRMWARE VERSION

RUTX_R_00.02.06.1

KERNEL VERSION

Any suggestions?
by anonymous
Curious as to whether you tracked your temperature or not. I am looking still looking into this, but I am convinced that when my router hits around 52 degrees centigrade it starts performing badly. I have it in a QuSpot Omni.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Was the router somehow damaged in any way? How significant is the instability after it started to appear?

Could you try resetting your device through the bootloader menu?

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Bootloader_menu

If you see that your router is still being unstable at the points where it was able to do everything in the past - try remembering the firmware that you had then and installing it. If even then it's not usable - please return the device to the reseller.

EB.
by anonymous
The router has not been damaged in any way. After the post, I have spent some time thinking about when this got worse. Previously I had two routers, so the loss of connectivity was less apperant. With that regard, it can have been like this the whole time.

I tried the resetting procedure using the bootloader menu. And did a factory reset after that, with no difference in result.