FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,221 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have a RUT955 and wish to use it in my campervan to forward mobile and wifi connections to local wifi clients. I've got it working fine to share the mobile connection, but it never seems to connect to the source wifi network. The documentation is not absolutely clear that what I'm trying to achieve is supported, so I want to check:

Can I configure a RUT955 in wireless station mode whilst simultaneously operating as a wireless access point, in order to allow local clients to share a connection to the source wireless network?

If so, is it possible to select a wifi antenna for each mode? I'll have my antenna mounted on roof, and would ideally use a separate antenna inside the van.
by anonymous

Finally got to the bottom of this - it does indeed support wifi repeating as I've described. The issue I was facing seems to be caused by a bug in the firmware with how it handles SSIDs containing special characters. The network I was trying to connect to contains an apostrophe in the name, and the firmware converts this to `'` and then fails to connect. I edited the station mode settings and turned it back to an apostrophe and it worked!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Glad you've found a solution to your issue.

Have a nice day.

EB.