FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
970 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a RUT950 in japan. I am trying to place a Softbank Card and it is saying that the SIM card status not inserted. I change the APN and it is still not working. When I search for networks it show me all the possible networks but I couldnt configure the mobile network sucessfully.
I tried both slots of sim cards, changing the SIM 2 as main one and it didnt work. Could it  be the socket of the SIM Card the problem?

Here an image of example:  https://ibb.co/sCSXPrd
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please give me the number of the batch? If you do not know - you can private message me the serial number of the device and I will check the batch of the device.

EB.
by anonymous
the batch number is 115
by anonymous
Thank you.

Have you tried any other SIM maybe? Another provider would be better than just the other SIM from Softbank.

Make sure the card is 1.8V or 3V type, 5V type could not be working as it should.

EB.
by anonymous
I see, so I tried a Rakuten card. and same error.  How can I check the Voltage that the SIM card use?
by anonymous
The operator should know what SIMs they provide so they can answer you about this question, but as I see that Rakuten doesn't work too - it is less likely the issue in SIM.

What I would suggest is returning the device to the reseller and trying a different batch RUT950 if they have it.

EB.
by anonymous
I see. Thank you!. I will try to return.
by anonymous
Hello @ernestB. I couldnt give them back the module before doing more test. So, I entered to the CLI because from the company they sell the module they suggested it could be blocked by the module (Maybe they refer to GSM). They told me to run this AT command:
gsmctl -A ‘AT + CLCK =" PU ", 0," 12341234 "’
I run it but I

CME Error: 0.

What could be the problem?

I also tried:
gsmctl -A 'AT + CLCK =" PU ", 1," 12341234 "'

gsmctl -A 'AT + CLCK =" PU ", 2," 12341234 "'

Those last 2, give me "ok" result.
Eventhough, the message remains on NO Sim Card.

Is there any other place where I can check whether is a problem of the SIM locked?
I dont think the device is blocked on Softbank (Company of the sim card)
btw, the command gsmctl -I give me the carriers.

Best