FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
416 views 5 comments
by anonymous

I have a very poor mobile signal at home, so when I am here I want to connect the rut950 to the landline broadband connection. This is the UK.

I have the split BT plug with adsl filter, so I connect the adsl cable with rj11 plugs on each end to the wall socket and to the wan port (rj11 should work in the rj45 socket)...Also when I connect the adsl cable to the rut950 it cuts off the phone line even though there is a separate plug for the ADSL

I configure wan to main, input the relevant details from my isp. I check status and the wan port is crossed out and it states not ready.

I would be really grateful for any help on this. Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Do you have an ADSL router or is it a straight splitter connected to RUT950?

In normal cases, there's always an ADSL router that is configured to the landline and then it's bridged to the other router.

If you don't think that's the issue - you should check with any other router if your connection works to see if it's really a RUT950 problem that we're facing.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi Thanks,

It is a straight splitter from the adsl socket to the rut950.

Maybe this is just not possible but I assumed it could work as a wired router.

My other router took a tumble and broke yesterday, it was working fine until then. This is why I am trying to connect the rut950 to my home broadband to use as a router, I bought the rut950 to use for travelling using mobile sim (that hasn't happened for obvious reasons, so to save buying another router I am trying to use the rut950). The mobile reception at home is terrible even with extra ariels hence using the landline.

many thanks
by anonymous
Hi,

In this case, could you try setting up your RUT950 like this?

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_WAN#PPPoE

This is required if you're connecting straight to the provider and not using the provider configured router.

EB.
by anonymous
Thank you for your help.

I have tried using pppoe, with both custom DNS and DNS servers advertised by peer.  Nothing works, still a crossed out wan port. My ip has suggested PPPoa

Maybe I need to buy a adsl cable that has an rj11 on one end and an rj45 on the other..this might also be the problem with the phone cutting out when I connect the cable..even though it is via the filter.

Thanks
by anonymous
Of course, it's worth a try, because normally this should be enough if the wiring and configuration is correct. Please do test this with rj11-rj45 adapter and let me know your results.

EB.
by anonymous
It's seems I have had a simple misunderstanding of the ability of the rut950.

the rut 950 doesn't have a modem so I should put a modem between the adsl socket in the wall and rut950.

Thanks