FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
462 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hello. I have tried to connect the Livox HUB visible in Livox Viewer via RUT955 but it doesn't work at all - RUT955 doesn't recognize it - if I connect it through a cheap 30 euro router it just works and jump visible in Viewer by plugging the cables into the LAN port. What am I doing wrong?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting.

May i know what interface you are using to connect this device.

Does this device supports TCP/IP.

Have you checked if this is not on static IP?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous
Hi,

thanks for answering as well. I have tried to connect it with Ethernet cables (CAT6) via all 3 LAN ports of Teltonika - just same way as I made with this cheap router mentioned before. I think TCP/IP is not supporter at Livox HUB all. I think that I have some setup-issue, I have allowed traffic thru all firewalls and tried to chance million other setups but....
by anonymous
Hello,

If the TCP/IP is not supported , how can this device communicate with Rut955 ? I mean what protocol?

I should support TCP/IP to get IP address.

Thanks .
by anonymous
Dynamic IP Address

PC

Livox Mid-40

Ethernet Cable

External Power Source

Ethernet Cable

Gigabit Router (DHCP)

1. Connect the Livox LiDAR sensors to Livox Hub (a Livox Hub can connect to up to nine Livox LiDAR

sensor units).

2. Connect the computer and Livox Hub to the router using Ethernet cables. Make sure both the

computer and Livox Hub are connected to the LAN port on the router.

3. Connect Livox Hub to an external power source.

4. Connect one end of the GPS sync cable to the sync port and the other end to the designated sync

signal. Note that the GPS sync cable may not always be required....

Static IP address

1. Connect Livox LiDAR sensors, router, external power source, and computer by following Figure 4.2.1.

2. Run Livox Viewer, and Click to open Device Manager. Select Livox Hub, and click to open

Properties. Set the IP address of Livox Hub to static IP address. Note that the static IP address of

Livox Hub should be 192.168.1.X. X can be set to any number between 2 to 233.

3. Disconnect Livox Hub, Livox LiDAR sensors, router, external power source, and computer.

4. Set the IP address of your computer to static IP address. Note that the static IP address of the

computer should be 192.168.1.X. X can be set to any number between 2 to 233 and should be

different from the IP address of Livox Hub set in Step 2.

Livox Hub

Livox Mid-40

Ethernet Cable

External Power Source

PC

Figure 4.2.2 Connecting using static IP address

5. Connect the Livox LiDAR sensors to Livox Hub (a Livox Hub can connect up to nine Livox LiDAR

sensor units).

6. Connect Livox Hub to the computer using an Ethernet cable.

7. Connect Livox Hub to an external power source.
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you be more specific about the issue you are facing?

Where is the figure?

Thanks
by anonymous

Hello ! Issue is described here below: 

"I have tried to connect the Livox HUB visible in Livox Viewer via RUT955 but it doesn't work at all - RUT955 doesn't recognize it - if I connect it through a cheap 30 euro router it just works and jump visible in Viewer by plugging the cables into the LAN port. What am I doing wrong?"

Maybe I should use Gigabit Ethernet router - this is mentioned in Livox Hub user manual as "Make sure to use Gat5e or above Gigabit Ethernet cables and a Gigabit router." - I think RUT955 is not cabable to handle this ?

by anonymous
Yes, Rut955 is a CAT4 router its not a gigabit router but it doesn't matters.

Can you check if you haven't set a static IP to the Livox Hub. It must be on DHCP or in the pool of Rut955.

Have you tried to connect some other devices on the LAN of Rut955 if it works?

Please let me know.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi again. Yes. Livox hub is on static IP and on DHCP. I will check with some other LAN device on next week when back in the office. But if not succesful - are You able to check it with remote connection like Teamviewer ?
by anonymous
Hello,

Alright, we can do a remote session .

Thanks