FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
323 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have an issue to activate TRB140 device in the RMS site. I am not successfull to open any webpage thus seems to have no internet connection while when inserting SIM to another modem or cell phone, the internet works properly. The only issue is with TRB140 device.

When connecting to RMS it is notified Failure (Error: Failed to resolve hostname.).

RMS says "Device is not activated". Connected devices report no internet connection.

TRB140 reports connection to 4G network with coverage between -79dbm and - 87dbm.

Any ideas or experience how to proceed?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you tell me if you're able to ping address 8.8.8.8 in CLI of your TRB140?

Was there anything done to this TRB140 in the past or it was newly reset?

What firmware version is installed on your TRB140?

Have you tried manually connecting to hostname from the RMS section page in TRB140?

EB.
by anonymous

I wasn't able to ping the address 8.8.8.8 in CLI. this requires password. When putting the password it is not accepted.

There was nothing done to this TRB140 other than than just change of SIM card for different service carrier. The firmware is the latest one. 

Manual connection to the RMS doesn't work.

by anonymous
If your password doesn't get accepted please check if your keyboard has the right language enabled if you're not inserting a mistake somewhere in the password and using the right caps on capital and non-capital letters.

If the issue is that you don't see the password that you're entering - it's how it supposed to be, it's hidden, but the things you write are still there. So once you've done typing your password just press Enter.

EB.
by anonymous
The password is fine, but the ping doesn't work and doesn't connect.

What I am wondering, that TRB140 works with other SIM card, but doesn't with the one I need.