FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
221 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Having an issue with one particular RUTX11 device.   We have a large number of these devices with the same type of architecture deployed with no issues.

The setup:

RUTX11 with 4G and DSL connected to WAN port.  Device is in Failover mode with DSL as Main connectivity.

We use Zerotier (ZT) in this Architecture to two different OPNSense devices in different DC's. 

This week we found a strange issue that was causing a large performance issue.

Latency to one DC was normal over ZT as it was using the WAN port as we expect all traffic to.

However, latency to the other DC via ZT was very poor. Turns out it was using Mobile - even though we are not using load balancing and it should be in failover mode only.  

As a workaround we had to disable mobile data to keep all ZT traffic on WAN port only.

A second issue then occurred a day or two later with the WAN connectivity which was a circuit related issue. As mobile data was turned off we lost remote access to it.   

When ISP got circuit back online however, the WAN protocol had changed to 'None' even though it had been set to static.

Firmware version: RUTX_R_00.02.06.1, Kernel: 4.14.195, Batch number: 0505.

Could someone please help us understand why the device had these two issues?  Thanks in advance.

Rory

2 Answers

–1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

I was unable to reproduce the issue you described. Reset your device to default settings and reconfigure.

Best regards.
+1 vote
by anonymous

I have the same issue. Failover isn't working at all for me. Load balancing does. They must have a button for 

I was unable to reproduce the issue you described. Reset your device to default settings and reconfigure.

I've spent more time resetting and configuring than actually using this device. Failover works after reset but after a few days it just doesn't. I've been able to track down almost all bugs I've found so far but this one is still a mystery for me.