FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
652 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi All,

I ran into a problem - I can't send SMS from RUT 950.

The SMS arrives on the device. But I can't send a reply. For example, if you send the reboot command to a device, it will reboot. But if you send status, no response comes, although the log shows that such a command was received.

An attempt to send SMS via the WEB interface returns a Timeout error.

What could be the problem?

Regards, Victor.

by anonymous
Solved.

The problem turned out to be on the operator's side. For this SIM card, for some reason, all outgoing ones were blocked. Both voice calls and SMS

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For the issue, you are having could you double-check if the device is running on the latest firmware? 
Also, is the SIM card inserted into the RUT950 having an SMS package?  Could you also share a screenshot of the error you are receiving when trying to send an SMS? 

Also, could you try doing a firmware upgrade using the bootloader menu? 

You can refer to this link: RUT950 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
Note: http://192.168.1.1/index.html to do the firmware update. 

Let me know the results. 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous

Mellow thanks for the answer.

Device running on the latest firmware.

When I try to send SMS via WEBUI the screen looks like this (after a while):

The fields with the phone number and text of the message are cleared automatically after the appearance of the message TIMEOUT

Unfortunately, it is physically impossible to connect to the device. it is located elsewhere. While access to it is possible only through RMS

There is no information in the eventlog about an attempt to send SMS.
Perhaps there is something in troubleshot, but I do not know exactly where to look.

Regards, Victor

by anonymous
Hi Victor,

I have sent you a private message.

Kindly respond to that  :)

Regards,
Mellow