FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
190 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have a customer with an RUT950 which has reset twice to factory defaults without any obvious explanation.  The nearest explanation I can think of is as a result of a general power failure on the premises.

Can anything be checked via log files etc.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no way to check the logs after the restart of the router. One thing that you could do is export the log content into some kind of server, but that would be a lot of hassle for such an issue.

I will need you to do some things before we act:

1. Could you make sure that you're running the latest firmware version of the device?

2. Make sure that the power supply that you're using with the device is not faulty (If you have any other power supply - please try using it instead).

3. Make sure that the groundings of the device are fine (grounding wire inside power supply cable).

4. Also, make sure that you're using your device fully cased and not naked. Make sure everything is tight (antennas and screws of the case) and that the router doesn't get any hard power surges into it when power failure happens.

EB.
by anonymous
I just had an RUT950 in a remote location reset to default inexplicably too. The FW was RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3.

Thankfully it was still reconnecting to RMS (how?) so I got into the config with the default password and made the required changes to get it back to production.

The device was using the supplied AC/DC power supply. Unclear at this stage if there was any power surges.

Device is not naked.

Can Teltonika advise what conditions may cause this please.