FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
416 views 0 comments
by anonymous
According to the description of TRB140, maximum LTE speed is "4G (LTE) – Cat 4 up to 150 Mbps". Is this stated transfer rate accurate?

TRB140 seems to have only one antenna SMA connector. I could be completely misunderstanding LTE standard, but I thought that 4G/LTE requires 2 antennas (2 connectors) to achieve 150Mbps speed?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For the TRB140 maximum 4G speed the LTE module inside is LTE Cat 4 and the standard speed of LTE CAT4 is up to 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink. About your question if it is needed to have 2 antenna's to reach that speed. Have two antenna is good to improve the signal speed but like in RUT2XX and RUT9XX they are having 2 SMA Mobile antenna one is the MAIN antenna and other one is for AUX it is like to improve the reception of signal. 

You can read it here: Mobile Main and AUX Antennas - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

For the network speeds there is a possibility to reach that such speed if the device is having the best of the best signal quality but there are many factors that can affect the Mobile data speed you can read more of that in this link: LTE Speed Discrepancies - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow