FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
153 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Does any one or has any one ever had Salto Access control working via a Teltonika modem be it TRB140 or RUT240?

My issue is -

I need to create a vpn for salto server to talk to Salto doors, it worked on the previous modem (not teltonika) however I needed a stable mobile network that i can look after and control.

My main issue is I had the modem setup on the same ip range as the doors, via my laptop i can ping the 5 doors no issues, i could ping the CCTV NVR via my laptop and i could ping the Teltonika modem and connect to it of its lan port no problem

I setup the VPN no issues but salto would not talk over it

I then loged into the modem and went to diagnosis page then to ping, from the modem i could ping the CCTV NVR, I could ping my laptop, i could ping my Pfsense, I could NOT PING any of the doors that was in the same ip range that was connect to the switch on the same lan as my laptop.

The only think i can think of that Teltonika has some security setting or wont talk over udp or something i have no idea really as i have spent near 10 days getting this to work that in the end the only thing i could do was to set the teltonika into bridge mode connect it to the wan of the previous modem and everything worked

Salto need to talk over port 1100 UDP.

Hope i have explained this correctly and that someone knows how to resolve this, i have searched world wide and in various languages but found nothing, so maybe just maybe Teltonika is NOT compatible with Salto

Thanks in advance

S

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

You can disable the security settings of the router to check, and also make sure that the doors are on the same subnet with other devices.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Disable_Firewall

Best regards.