FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
525 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi all,

I'm using rut950 for one of my remote sites. from yesterday the router was down and all of my systems behind it not accessible. I send someone to check the router and I can see the cell signal LED not working. and the two LAN port LEDs stay on even without plugged in anything

I ask him to try reset the router but nothing changes. Wifi also not working and he doesn't have any device to hook up and login to the router. I have wireless access point connected to this and it cannot get and DHCP. Attached photos of the router status indicators

what could be the issue? lightning damage? or any other issue?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please try to reflash your router firmware via the bootloader menu and check if it solves the issue: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

There is a possibility that it could have been affected by the environment and be physically damaged. If re-installing via the bootloader menu does not help, please contact your reseller or Teltonika sales manager to send this device for repairs.

Regards.

by anonymous
Hi thanks for the reply,

I asked to try the uboot method by resetting the router ( press and hold the reset button while power on ) and nothing changed. no blinking LEDs. or anything. I'm thinking this due to lightning since the area got heavy thunderstorms that day and there are many other damages nearby places.

I was using a proper surge protector for power input. it may come through my POE cameras installed outside. which is connected to POE switch and then the rut950 as uplink. The switch works perfectly fine also the NVR and other networked equipment. only the router got this problem.

Is this have appropriate surge protection methods implemented within the router itself? Or I missed something when I install it? I need to make sure this does not happen again. And I don't think I can send this to repair since the location is Sri Lanka. I may go with a new one as a replacement (rutx11).