FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
147 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello:

Our application uses a telco supplied fiber router connected to the WAN internface.

When we test the switch over to GPRS, it woks fine if the Ethernet cable to the WAN interface is removed, the router immediately changes to the GPRS and the IPSec tunnels come back up. We put the cable back, it switches back.

Great.

However, if we unplug the fiber from the telco fiber router so that the WAN Ethernet interface is still up but there is no connectivity, it will never change to GPRS and we have lost comms.

Is there a built in function to have the router switch to GPRS in the scinario?

Cheers,

John

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Yes, the failover functionality should switch you through interfaces according to your set priorities.

Now, I'm not sure on what firmware are you on, but if you're on the latest one 07.00, just go to Network > Failover and there you will be able to set your failover. If you click on the pencils next to these failover interfaces on the right, you will find the conditions on which the router will decide if the interface is still good or not.

Hope this helps.

EB.

by anonymous
Am running FW 8.3

Have gone to the Network-Wan-Wired and selected edit and sure enough, the setup is there.

Its enabled but has not been working.

Let me do more testing on this and come back to you.

Cheers,

john
by anonymous
This works fine.....

I had dirty contacts on a SIM card which prevented the switching.

Ok, great, one less thing to worry about.

Cheers,

john