FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
240 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I've been using my RUTX12 successfully in the UK with 2 sims in Load Balance mode. However I've travelled to France and purchased both a Sosh (Orange) and Free SIM card. Since installing these 2 cards into my RUTX I've yet to be able to use both in Load Balance due to slot 2 constantly stating "Data Connection: Disconnected". If I swap the sims around and use only slot 1 it works... however that defeats the object of having a dual sim router... Please advise.

Note: I've also tried disabling Load Balance in favour of Fail Over with no change and I've also upgraded to "RUTX_R_00.07.00".

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

If I understand correctly, both UK SIMs work correctly without issues, but there is an issue with the Free SIM card, which works only on a first SIM slot? Have you tried to change SIM interface settings (APN, authentication)? It may be that they require specific APN to work. Also, which modem firmware version is your router using right now? You can find that out by navigating the System > Firmware page.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hi,

Almost, when I was in the UK my GiffGaff and Smarty sims worked in Load Balance mode, no issues.

My Free and Sosh sims both work, but only in slot 1, slot 2 won't work for either sim.

Both slots are: EG06ELAR03A05M4G.

I don't think they need specific APN settings as both work in slot 1.

Thanks
by anonymous
I've also just tried flashing my modem firmware on both slots to: EG06ELAR04A04M4G. No change.
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you send a troubleshoot file via private message to me? (attach two files, one when SIM works in slot 1 and other when same SIM does not work in slot 2).

Regards.