FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
312 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have two RUT955 and followed the instructions of this page to create and connect
two same subnet office networks using OpenVPN bridge (TAP) on RUT9xx.

Once completed, it did not work. I could not ping a device from one network in the other.

Config:
Both of my routers are connected to WAN using a SIM card. I tested dynDNS on both routers and I could
connect to both routers separately using dynDNS. For clientVPN setting for "Remote host/IP address (RUT OpenVPN server public IP)""
I tested both dynDNS or current public IP or ServerRouter.

I tired two different subnet: a. 10.0.0.100 + 10.0.0.101 (Router 1 + 2) and b. 192.168.1.1 + 192.168.1.2 (Router 1 + 2).

When I tried to ping the routers public IPs from another network, this was not possible.

Can somebody please explain, what settings in addition to the instructions I need to make to create a remote network
where both networks can access each other? What Firewall or Routing settings do I have to make?

Following this topic,
can it be, that my SIMCards are given Sharded IPs and that prevents the network to be connected?

Best,
Armin

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the issue you are having to verify if your sim card is having a private IP address you can do this method: 

1. Connect your Laptop/Mobile to the RUT device. (No other network sources is connected) 
2. Open the RUT device UI in Overview you should be able to see the WAN details there would be an IP address shown. 
3. Next, is try to visit this link: icanhazip.com It will display your Public IP address. 
4. Try to match the said IP address displayed in icanhazip with your RUT IP address if it matches you can say it's Public IP address.

Or you can try accessing the device on a different network via the SIM Card IP address and see if it's reachable. But make sure you enabled in Administration > Access Control > Remote HTTP Access. 

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Thank you Mellow,

you were right. Public IP of RUT955 and public IP shown on whatismyip was not the same.

I changed the APN to a custom one provided by my provider and now I have the right public IP.

Will this solve my problem or do I have to make additional changes?

Best,

Armin
by anonymous
Hello,

If you configured everything correctly there would be no problem :)

Regards,
Mellow