FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
339 views 8 comments
by anonymous
EMail to SMS is a beautiful feature.

But it works only without specialcharacters. If the email contains the german "umlaute äöüß" no sms will sent.

SMS to Email work. But the email ist latin coded.

It is not possible to switch to utf-8 and allow specialcharacters?

I think it's a programming failure, but if somebody knows help ....

Thankyou

Greetings

Heino

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the information, could you specify which device and firmware version you are using right now so I could investigate further?

Regards.
by anonymous
FW version: RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3

A brand new RUT955

I tested with email coded in utf-8,ISO-8859-1, plaintext and html. With special characters no error log (i'm search trough the logging directorys with ssh ...) and no sms would be sent.
by anonymous
Would you mind upgrading your router to RUT9_R_00.07.00 firmware and test feature once again? I am recommending that only because all the future fixes will be released on top of the new firmware version.

Regards.
by anonymous
Your update-server seems down. When up again i update the firmware.
by anonymous
I'm to fast. The server is up and my updated startet. I'll write you the result.
by anonymous
Version 7: Nat doesn't work - so I can type sms command, but can't administrate the router ....

I have no physical access and must wait to downgrade the router tomorrow ....

The configuration seems stable, but Nat (wlan and lan) dont work anymore

Can you verify this?
by anonymous
Hi,

It seems that configuration details were wiped after the update. I am using 3 routers with the 7.0 version and it works correctly so far. I can access the router and send SMS messages.
by anonymous
I tested the rut955 yesterday.

The config is ok and wasn't wipe. The router doesn't route default to the mobile net. Firewall doesn't work (doesn't work how I expected).

I've started with factory defaults, but the same problem (tested with "basic admin interface" and with all features and ssh login):

No default route to mobile (connected, but no route, no traffic - german telekom D1), no nat / masquerading. The rut955 itself can't connect to the mobile net. I try "route add default gw mobileinterface and iptables --flush" and the router stopped working (don't know: but no connections (all interfaces) i have to reboot).... feature or bug?

I think the 7 version is early beta, with many (!) bugs.

I flashed the old 6 version and all work (ok sms with special character doesn't work :-) )

Sorry, but I can't do more - I don't have the time for beta-testing ...
by anonymous
Good morning,

Thank you for your patience and we sincerely apologize for the issues with 7.0 firmware release. At this moment we are working hard to release 7.1 firmware version with a huge amount of fixes.