FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
207 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I have a IP camera that is connecting to WAN on port 8802. I would like to restrict the WAN access from the IP camera, so I created a traffic rule. For some reason this rule doesn't work. Below is a screen shot of the traffic rule and below that is a screen shot of the connection from realtime data/connections.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Add the following rule in Network->Firewall->Custom rules:

iptables -I FORWARD -s 10.77.20.3 -j DROP

Regards,

by anonymous

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I added the iptables to the custom rules, but still 10.77.20.3 can access internet. Am I missing something? In the end I have added a screen shot of firewalls general settings.

by anonymous
Did you apply the rule manually using a ssh console or did you reboot the router ? Could you check that the rule is present in the running table with "iptables -n -L | grep 10.77.20.3" in a console ?

There is no easy way to flush the nf_conntrack tables, the conntrack utility cannot be installed so this 10.77.20.3->8.209.78.241 can be a remnant of the state before adding the rule and only a reboot can clear it.