FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
371 views 4 comments
by anonymous
One of our RUTX12's resets itself to factory default settings at random occassions. Latest firmware is installed. Are there any pointers where to find a solution?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no way to check the logs after the restart of the router. One thing that you could do is export the log content into some kind of server, but that would be a lot of hassle for such an issue.

I will need you to do some things before we act:

1. Could you make sure that you're running the latest firmware version of the device?

2. Make sure that the power supply that you're using with the device is not faulty (If you have any other power supply - please try using it instead).

3. Make sure that the groundings of the device are fine (grounding wire inside power supply cable).

4. Also, make sure that you're using your device fully cased and not naked. Make sure everything is tight (antennas and screws of the case) and that the router doesn't get any hard power surges into it when power failure happens.

Regards.
by anonymous
1. The latest firmware is installed (RUTX_R:00.07.00);

2. Power supply that came with the router is used;

3. Power supply that came with the router is in use;

4. Does this mean an additional casing is needed for the router?
by anonymous
Hi,

I apologize for the late reply. Additional casing is not required if you are using stock alumminum casing (not just PCB).

I wonder if you could describe an environment where RUTX12 is placed? Is there any chance that the surface or devices near could touch it and create a static discharge?
by anonymous
Hello,

I received the RUTX12 from our vessel back in the office yesterday and tested it this morning, it is indeed not functioning (does not show any leds apart from the power, does not connect to the webinterface and does not respond to a hard reset >10 seconds). Can you please contact me how to return the modem?

Regards,
by anonymous
I have the exact same problem with factory resets from the day I received the RUITX12 (3/1/22). The product is from batch 3. Every reboot either through a pin reset for long term power outage (because the web UI is non responsive and there is no service on the wireless networks) is a factory reset. Firmware version 7.0.