FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
413 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I would like to use the USB stick mounted to the RUTX11 as a network storage for an Anpviz IP camera in the same LAN.

The Anpviz camera setting for network storage ask for the following:

- NFS server, for which I have entered:  \\Router_Share

- Store path, for which I have entered:  smb://192.168.0.1/cam1  whereas "cam1" is the name of the shared directory in the RUTX11 settings (Services --> USB tools --> Network shares --> Shared directory. And guests are allowed.

With the above settings in the RUTX11 and the Anpviz camera, the camera is not able to use the cam1 folder for recording videos.

Thanks for your support.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello, Marco,

Thank you for contacting us.
I would like to ask how this issue appears:
- does camera gets an error message trying to access "cam1" folder?
- does camera connects to a folder, but this folder always empty, event when there are some video files?
- does the camera could access the folder, but not able to write files in it?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sigitas K.
by anonymous
Hi Sigilas,

Will try to address your question at my best:

- does camera gets an error message trying to access "cam1" folder?

When I enter those parameters into the camera set up page, the camera allows to save them, but in the status page  the netowrok storage is flagged as inactive. So my guess is that the camera does not see the folder on the USB stick.

- does camera connects to a folder, but this folder always empty, event when there are some video files?

Very empirically, the camera does not records the video on that folder, because the folder is empty

- does the camera could access the folder, but not able to write files in it?

My understanding is that the camera does not see the folder,  and therefore no files are written in it.

My doubt is about:

1. Are the settings I have entered correct?

2. Could it be that this camera is not able by default to access a folder shared by the RUTX11 in this way?
by anonymous
Hello, Marco,

Thank you for a reply.
I would like to ask, could you connect a computer to the same network and check if this directory is accessible with file manager (e.g. \\Router_share\cam1).
Also, what format this USB stick is using? Network share is working with FAT, FAT32 and NTFS files system. Other systems, like exFAT, HFS+, APFS, will not be supported.
More information could be found in a link:
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_USB_Tools#Network_Shares

Best regards,

Sigitas K.
by anonymous
Hi Sigitas,

I am on site now and I confirm that with a laptop in the same LAN I can access the USB stick folders via \\Router_share\

So, the problem remains the accessibility with the camera. As said before the network storage settings in the camera refers to a NFS SERVER, ant the share path.

As NFS SERVER I have entered \\Router_share\  but in the status of the camera settings I can see that the network storage is not mounted. I have a bad feeling about the ability of the camera to reach out the USB stick mounted on the RUTX11.

Thanks.
by anonymous

Hi Sigillas,

I am still trying to get IP camera able to use the USB key attached to the RUTX11 as the camera's LAN storage.

Here below the camera's storage settings page parameters:

Hi Sigillas,

I am still trying to get IP camera able to use the USB key attached to the RUTX11 as the camera's LAN storage.

Here below the camera's storage settings page:

Type: NFS

NFS Server: \\Router_share\

Store Path:  \\Router_share\camera

I can reach and use the "Store Path" folder from a laptop,  but the camera is not able to use it.

The USB is formatted with FAT file system.

Thanks for your support.

I can reach and use the "Store Path" folder from a laptop,  but the camera is not able to use it.

Thanks for your support.