FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
352 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi

DST started as of this morning, and none of our RUT240's have updated to the new DST time. 

The only way DST kicks in is when I set "Count of failed NTP requests" to the value of 1.......does this mean the NTP servers i have used have failed? (this option does not always work however)

When i read the logs i noticed the following line:

Sun Oct  3 10:14:00 2021 cron.err crond[4269]: time disparity of 61 minutes detected

We have 132 systems affected by this and need to reconcile as soon as reasonably possible. These units are not permanent fixtures and move between australian states every few months so we rely on the units to synchronize their own time.

I have also noticed the "Operator Station Synchronization" function is not visible as per the image in the Wiki Knowledge page (https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_NTP)

Do i need to port forward ports "123" for NTP...?

I have uploaded all logs available as well as settings screenshots.

System Log

Troubleshoot backup

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

We have noticed that this issue has a ticket in HelpDesk. I will continue contacting you via HelpDesk.

Regards.
by anonymous
Can an ETA be provided.....we have heard nothing from the helpdesk team......as mentioned, we have 132 units been affected by DST and are running time-lapse units.....all time-lapse units are now displaying incorrect times and shooting incorrectly.

if Teltonika units cannot correct a simple DST function, please recommend an alternate solution
by anonymous
Hello,

Today in the morning, I have posted a reply in the HelpDesk. Please check it.

Regards.
by anonymous
We raised this issue on August 17, nearly 3 months ago, to which a tech advised we would have no issues and DST would work. We provided ample notice to have this rectified and yet...nothing.

Even when changing a timezone from brisbane to Sydney, the time still does not change....when will a fix be provided.?????

This is affecting our systems and have had numerous complaints from clients in regards to shooting schedules been incorrect
by anonymous
Hello,

I have written in the HelpDesk ticket that RnD is looking into the issue. I will keep you informed once there will be any news.

Regards