FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
190 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hi, I have some suggestions to improve the latest firmware.(RUT9_R_00.07.00)

First - I think it would be nice if the device name would always show in the uppre right corner.

Second - The package manager seems to fail when i try to import settings from a backed up configuration. (I have tried the QOS and Hotspot packages)

The package manager also fails when i try to press the "+" icon. It only works when i upload it from my pc.

It would be nice if there were a way to do this in the RMS.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions, especially the package manager in RMS is worth consideration.

Regarding package manager fails when you try to download via WebUI, it is not natural behavior. Could you try to reset your device to the factory default configuration and try to download packages once again?

Regards.
Best answer
by anonymous
I have to say that I'm impressed with the respond time :-)

Anyway - Tried the factory default, but still error.

"Package installation failed. Check your internet connection or try to update package list"

Same message on 3 routers. (RUT955)

Regards Harald
by anonymous
Hi,

Are you sure your routers do have internet access? Could you try to log in to CLI/SSH (username:root / password: your WebUI password) and try to ping 8.8.8.8.

Regards.
by anonymous
They are responding. No obvious delays or lost packages. Also - I am reaching them trough the RMS-console.

Regards
by anonymous
And today - everything is running. The packages is getting installed. Dont know what happened.
by anonymous
There may have been issues with our package manager servers. I will have to check that but I am glad that the issue is resolved.

Regards.