FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
157 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I'm running an RUT 955  with  FW RUT9_R00.07.00 connected with Open VPN

I'm able to connect with ssh, but I get a disconnected after apx. 20 seconds. Keepalive settings on Putty didnt't help, logging in Putty doesn't tell something except "Event Log: Network error: Software caused connection abort" I've tried a Linux System too, with the same result. Ping is stable, ssh gets disconnected.

Is there some kind of whitelist, or extended ssh log on the RUT955 available? Troubleshoot didn't help.

Thank you!

Best regards!

Gerhard

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I am wondering if you would try to reconnect to SSH instantly, will it allow you to? Could you share your OpenVPN settings (blur out sensitive information)? Also, you can use logread command in SSH/CLI to review all logs.

Regards.
by anonymous

Hello VykintasKuzma,

thank you for your help and imidiate reply I've configured the RUT955 in our local network (backup WAN - with Eth) without the use of the mobile wan. I've tried it now with the mobile wan connection and got a stable ssh via OpenVPN.

I've configured the RUT955 with the old firmware the same way and didn't have problems with the ssh, but as long they will work this way that is fine.

Problem solved, thank you!

Gerhard

OpenVPN config:
client

resolv-retry infinite

remote ourOpenVPNserver

port 1194

proto udp

dev tun_c_rut

nobind

persist-key

persist-tun

cipher AES-256-CBC

compress lz4-v2

verb 3

mute 20

remote-cert-tls server

key-direction 1

ca /etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.rut.ca_ca.crt

cert /etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.rut.cert_router.crt

key /etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.rut.key_router.key

tls-auth /etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.rut.client.tls_auth

tls-cipher TLS-DHE-RSA-WITH-AES-256-CBC-SHA:TLS-DHE-RSA-WITH-CAMELLIA-256-CBC-SHA