FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
453 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a RUT955 on FW RUT9_R_00.07.00 which I am trying to us to send data to Thingsboard via MQTT. The data sources are 1 modbus RTU slave device and 1 Modbus TCP slave device. I have added all the modbus data points and tested them successfully for both RTU and TCP.

I have configured the device to sucessfully send data from the RTU source in data to server, and these messages show up fine - using a filter to only send data from Device ID 2 (the RTU devices ID), or with the TCP devices disabled.

However, as soon as I enable the TCP device, change the data filter to send just data from the modbus TCP IP address, no data arrives.

Has anyone else encountered this - any solutions.

Also, it would be really, really useful to have the ability to use the Request configuration name in the JSON sent by Data to Server. At the moment I can only find a way to send by register number using {%z:%a} as the JSON format. Has anyone found a way to do this?

Thanks,

Harv

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If I understand correctly, you have configured two Modbus masters (TCP and RTU), and want to send data from both masters via data to a server?

I will consult with our RnD department about this issue.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hi, this is correct.

Data flows correctly from the Modbus RTU (RS485) master, but does not appear to flow from the TCP master.

The other question is if it's possible to use the name rather than the modbus address as the key when sending the data.

Thanks,

Harv
by anonymous
Hi, is there any update on this please?

Thanks,

Harv