FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
439 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I need to reach PLC devices via VPN HUB. RMS VPN HUB uses openvpn. But the thing is VPN HUB uses OpenVPN in TUN mode but I need to make OpenVPN work in TAP mode? How can I choose or adjust it to TAP mode? Especially in client configuratin file?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

At this moment RMS VPN only works with TUN mode. I could pass TAP mode as a suggestion to our RnD team.

Best regards.
Best answer
by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for your concern. The reason I am specifying this topic is the fact that some PLC management softwares use Layer 2 protocols. In this case Layer3 VPNs do not work for the connectivity. In this case layer 2 VPN HUB is required. Teltonika devices support TAP mode and if VPN HUB also supported this, this would be great for Teltonika, especially for all kind of otomation networks. It will increase number of our teltonika projects.

Best regards.
by anonymous
We are facing the same issue and w‘d appreciate TAP Tunneling for Layer2 protocols as well.

how quickly could this be implemented?
by anonymous
Same here! I like the RMS service, but only reason to pay for it would be the easy setup VPN hub. Our remote machine has PC and PLC hardware in same network and I can only reach pc machines that has openvpn client installed.