FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
803 views 5 comments
by anonymous
There are four LTE antennas on the RUTX14. But they are not marked with "sim 1" or "sim 2". So, what antennas are for what sim-card? For example, from left to right in the attached picture?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello

Thanks for contacting TELTONIKA | Crowd-support forum.

Kindly be informed that RUTX14 has 4 x LTE antennas (swivel, SMA male), 1 mobile antenna is MAIN, and 3 mobile antennas are AUX.

When RUTX14 is running, just one SIM card is active, however RUTX14 can switch automatically to the second SIM card if there’s a weak signal, reach data limit, No network… .

More information can be found here.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX14_Mobile#SIM_Switch

https://teltonika-networks.com/downloads/en/rutx14/rutx14-datasheet-v1.pdf

Should you need any additional information please let us know.

Best Regards

by anonymous
I'm also interested in getting real answer to the original question. It is not available in the datasheet you linked.

I just bought a RUTX14 and have to say the documentation is not good and not that convinced about the device either!
by anonymous

Hello

RUTX14 has just one Modem, one SIM card can function on the same time.

RUTX12 has two independent 4G LTE CAT6 mobile modems working with 2 SIM cards to provide redundancy and maximize connection availability with advanced network security features. When the two modems are working simultaneously, the router can reach the throughput of up to 600 Mbps with load balancing. When this feature is enabled, the traffic is distributed across a number of connections, which remain separate.

More information can be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGXrgRNsWi8

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi,

let me try again. No question about RUTX12, as indicated in your video, the sma-connectors are clearly marked. However as you said in earlier response, there is one connector labelled as "main" and 3 as "aux" in RUTX14. Even if I'm using only one sim, it should still use two antennas for LTE, right? How are you dealing the possible case that the other antenna connector is not terminated properly? (Case: only main antenna connected.) If you have only one sim, it should use the main connector and I assume the correct aux connector next to it, right? How about case two active sim cards? When it is for a reason or another switching to 2nd sim, what antennas is it using? It would make sense to switch to another pair of antenna connectors. (Or even better, allow user to configure which antenna ports are used.) I find several user cases for both options. But then also it would be useful to know, not to quess, which are the correct antenna ports.

Or when you have only one sim, there should not be need to connect all four antennas.

My apologies if this was already explained somewhere, I tried to browse all documentation but didn't find the answer.
by anonymous
As it was mentioned it is one modem which has 4 outputs for antennas. So for best signal and best performance you need to connect all of them. But you can also use two - one for main and second for aux - any three of it.
by anonymous

We recommend you to always have all mobile antennas connected for the best performance. However, if the situation does not allow you to use both mobile antennas (e.g. if the router is mounted in tight space where there is only enough space for one antenna), then "MAIN" mobile antenna connector should be used at least .

0 votes
by anonymous
Depends on available frequency and carrier aggregation. Ideally you would check "aus phone towers" app for your location to confirm the frequencies available. If you have 4 frequencies, such as 778, 1825, 2120 and 2620. Then you would have antennas installed with these compatible frequencies. The router will connect all 4x4 mimo antennas for roughly a 600Mbps down (limited from 1Gbps by router). I wouldn't recommend leaving the antenna ports open. This would cause huge attenuation and noise, because there's no antenna impedance to transmit the signal correctly (especially if the bands are available). You can find right angle adaptors and mini LTE antennas to fill in the missing ports. The second Sim is for multi carrier support, and as said above it can only access one at a time.