FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,330 views 1 comments
by

Hi

We’ve setup the Teltonika RUT240 with both a Wired WAN and Mobile Sim. For testing purposes we’ve just made the Wired WAN the primary wan incase the telco is blocking anything on the Sim card traffic.

We’re trying to get the Teltonika to always open a OpenVPN connection back to our OpenVpn server. Unforatunatly, it doesn't even seem to attempt to connect to the VPN. So for testing purposes we set the RUT240 and our OpenVPN server to use TCP instead of UCP,

We’ve put firewall logs on, ou our OpenVPN server to see attempted connections in, and simply opened a telnet client session from a PC to our VPN Server using the same public IP and port thats configured on the RUT240 OpenVPN client. On the OpenVPN server firewall logs, we can see the tcp session opening when we simply telnet in from a PC so that confirms our OpenVPN server is ready and waiting to accept connections.

However, we NEVER see the  Teltonika device attempting to connect, even though it is Enabled.

We’ve checked the Teltonika has internet access by using the Diagnostics Ping tool to ping 8.8.8.8 successfully. 

So it looks like the Teltonika is NEVER attempting to start the OpenVPN client connection.

When we look at the Status-Services, the OpenVPN clients is shown as “Disabled”, even though we have a client configured and enabled.

Has anyone any ideas why the RUT340 OpenVpn client doesn't appear to be attempting to connect ?

by
same issue here, I opened also a thread about this.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I've just tested this and the connection works fine. But it does show "disabled" in the Status → Services page next to OpenVPN clients. I think this might be a bug, I'll send this info to Teltonika's RnD.

However, you said that the connection itself isn't working for you? If so you, would it be possible to see OpenVPN server's configuration as well? And are you sure you are using the correct port? (From the screenshot I can see that you specified 11940 in the Port field instead of the default 1194. Is 11940 also specified on the server's side?)

And are you sure that OpenVPN server has a Public IP (since it is using wired WAN)?
Best answer
0 votes
by
Same problem here, did you het this working?