FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
373 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi!

I’m having some trouble with two separate routers at two separate locations. I got a RUT240 this summer to use at a remote office location and later this year, in September, I got a RUT360 by recommendation online for use at home since it can do carrier aggregation.

The first couple of months I used the RUT240 I experienced no problems running one laptop and one phone on the wifi. But now the 240 is dropping wifi at least a couple of times per day. The wifi does however always return after a minute or so. If I run ethernet, then it’s no problem, and the connection is solid. The 240 currently have 4 wifi clients when in use. A couple of iPhones and two HP laptops. It’s running RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.3.

The RUT360 on the other hand is a sad story... It have had unstable wifi since i picked it out of the box. Same here, as with the 240, if I use ethernet, no problem. On this router the wifi drops and never gets back, showing 0 connected clients in the web-ui and if I restart the wifi by enabling and disabling it in the ui it works again. This happens intermittently, sometimes a few days apart, sometimes multiple times a day. I have tried changing channels, bandwidth etc to no avail. Buggy driver for the wifi? This router I have tested for days with both RUT36X_R_00.02.06.1 and RUT36X_R_00.07.00. It makes no difference. This router got 14 wifi clients(8 wifi outlet plugs, 2 iPhones, 1 IP cam, an iPad, an Xiaomi vacuum and an Apple TV) the only real big user of bandwidth being the Apple TV.

Another thing to note is that I can’t seem to get carrier aggregation on the 360, but that’s a problem for another time…

I really want to like them since I have deployed many 240 routers in for work, but only ethernet appliances, and they work great.

What can I do to troubleshoot the wifi? Any known bugs that teltonika is working on?

Help!

Sincerely

Nils
by anonymous
Hi, For both the RUT's can you please share the troubleshoot file to me to analyze this further ?

Also, do you experience WIFI dropouts irrespective of being in the vicinity of the antenna's, Is a similar behavior seen if the Rut's are moved to say a different space within the location ?

Also, from the command prompt of the laptop please run this command and capture the output "netsh wlan show interface" and share it to me.

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

@techvin030 commented:

"Hi, For both the RUT's can you please share the troubleshoot file to me to analyze this further ?

Also, do you experience WIFI dropouts irrespective of being in the vicinity of the antenna's, Is a similar behavior seen if the Rut's are moved to say a different space within the location ?

Also, from the command prompt of the laptop please run this command and capture the output "netsh wlan show interface" and share it to me.

Thanks"

by anonymous
Hi,

got the same problems with the RUT360. Last time I retsored it to factory settings. It works for a week. Today I tried these again. Bevor I reseted the router, I saved the troubleshoot file.

The Firmware R_00.07.01.2 is installed. They are 4 devices loged in in the WLAN:

- A Ipohone 12; one amazon stick; a PS4 pro and a LED backlight for my PC-monitor

My PC is connected with wire on the LAN-Port on the router since the first crashes were last week.

Can you helb me with this prob too?? I like the router because the speed and connection is great. Only the Wifi- / router crashes are very anyoing :(

Thanks in advance